Friday, July 13, 2012

No Job...Yet

Happy Friday the 13th!  I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th until just now and its nearly 3PM in the afternoon.  Oh well.  I don't believe in such silly superstitions anyway.

Well, I'm still jobless.  I've decided that if no job prospect is offered to me by the end of this month, I will start putting in apps to be a substitute teacher.  That will help me get my name out there, right?  Not gonna lie, it sucks.  I don't want to just be a substitute teacher.  I didn't go to school for five years to be a sub, but at this point in life, that is what I have to do.  I can't afford not to work (gotta pay those dang student loans!).  I just keep reminding myself that I quit my recent job for a good reason.  We were financially strapped with my husband commuting up to two hours a day and paying toll.  He essentially was spending one entire paycheck a month on just commuting.  That's a huge chunk.  And I'll be honest, I just really didn't think it would be this hard to find a new job.  But there is something I always keep in mind, no matter how bad the "storm" gets, God will guide me to calmer waters.  I must simply be patient and put my trust in him.  He WILL provide.

3 comments:

  1. Some of the most amazing stories of faith and God's provision have come during times of unemployment. We once had a speaker at an anniversary dinner at my church share about how he was unemployed for two years. During that time, the most random short-term jobs fell into his lap, people showed up on his doorstep with checks for the exact amount of a need that was never expressed to anybody, etc. They were even able to resod their entire backyard from discarded sod on the roadside: they didn't have to pay a cent, just cart it away! He affirms to this day it was the most amazing two years. You never know what the Lord will do in times like these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND, I need to send you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so bad, I totally forgot to respond to your comment! You are so right...God will provide. I know he will. I've been trying really hard to stay positive and not let myself be dragged down into the "I'm failing" mindset. Because God is steering this ship, and I will come out on the other side of this storm in better shape than before!

    ReplyDelete